To create and maintain an effective, hospitable and entertaining atmosphere to market Canadian agriculture products and expertise to the world.
And for the past 40 years they have accomplished this and more. Prior to the 1970 cattle producers from Western Canada make the trek, usually by train to the Toronto Royal. This was very costly and time consuming. You were one from home for up to 3 weeks. The dreamer and visionary of CWA was Chris Sutter. Long story short Chris made it happen. The first Agribition took place in November of 1971.
As as younger person, I dreamed of attending Agribition. Each November my parents and Aunts and Uncles would head off to this great cattle show. The stories they told on their return of the hospitality, the cattle show and the prices that cattle sold for only made me want to go more.
- Being a part of the Alberta 1982 4H Judging Team - being named Reserve High Point Individual
- Showing multiple champions for Lewis Farms in the mid 1980's
- Showing the heaviest bull in Agribition history - TCCL Firefox 53T - 3020 lbs.
|TCCL Firefox 53T|
- Owning the 1989 Champion Simmental Female
- Rob judging there in the 1990's
- Selling the High selling lot in the 2006Simmental Sale - $15,000
- The SWAMP - the most famous exhibitor lounge. Bull have been rode through her, Jimmy Joe's rendition of Cinderella in Pig Latin, and the many stories that have been shared.
- Tie Outs and Peppermint Schnapps
- The Weather
- Bum Darts - This event has been discontinued due to Dawn Miller Wilson winning too many years in a row. Although I am proud to say that our daughter Stacy is the reigning Farmfair Champion.
- Yuccaflux Parties - created by the Simmental Exhibitors
- The Agribition Crud
|The creators of Yuccaflux|
|You never get enough sleep|
|CDY 9S - High Selling Lot 2006 sale - $15,000|