- Calving begins and the first calves of Elegant Force and Sure Fire arrive.
- Rob and I attend the National Western Stock Show - first time in over 20 years.
- Mom & Dad celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary
- Drayton Valley Livestock Show committee folds after 20 years. :(
- Revolution sons sell well at Red Deer Bull Sale. Bulls sell to Alberta, Manitoba, and New Brunswick.
- Crystal and Jon are married in Independence Iowa.
- Stacy & Dan Move into their new house.
- We get tickets to see Garth Brooks at the Calgary Stampede.
- Dad celebrates his 75th birthday.
- Spring rains bring early grass for cows to go to pasture.
- Robs mom celebrates her 80th birthday.
- We display cattle at the Alberta Simmental Association Tour and annual meeting.
- Bathroom renovation is completed.
- Garth Brooks Concert at the 100th Calgary Stampede.
- Stacy and Dan are engaged.
- Meet Brandon Callis and his family after many stories from Crystal when he was her judging coach.
- Celebrate Uncle Jacks 70th birthday.
- Rob helps Jon & Crystal at the Iowa State Fair, while I attend Ryan & Nanita's wedding.
- Attend pasture tour of Mappin Simmentals.
- Attend annual meeting of the Canadian Simmental Association in Nova Scotia.
- Rob judges National Young Canadian Simmental Association show in Nova Scotia.
- Crops are harvested - poor quality from hail damage.
- Steer calves are sold = net $950
- Beautiful fall days to finish off some of those projects.
|Res. Jr Champion @ Farmfair 2012|
- Cattle shows take up most of the month.
- Quick trip to Iowa to see Crystal and Jon.
- Stacy buys her wedding dress, with a surprize visit from Crystal.
- Checkers sale is amazing - High Country has high selling heifer calf @ $25,000 and her momma sells for $20,000
- Year ends with embryos and semen selling at the New Years Resolution Sale