- Finished calving
- Sold all the bulls
- Bought a bull ( which can be a long process)
- Bought a new tractor (old one died)
- Replaced our furnace ( A very cold Friday night until the service man arrived)
- Have almost 1/2 the herd bred on the first cycle
- Set up 4 cows for transplant (April 14)
- And delivered all but one bull.
|Similar truck to the one at the Hogg Farm|
Here we met Presley (7). Presley was playing outside with her stuffed sheep
Further south we travelled again to the Hannah Farm. This is another well established farm family. Dad was ready to cut back and lighten the work load, but son Wade is enthusiastic about the cattle business and has added 100 cows to the operation. Thus the need for a few new bulls this spring. SLY PowerPlus 2X should be a good addition to their program.
We ended our day with a great Canada AAA steak dinner on the way home. We seen some new country, had great visits with each of our purchasers and learned a bit about the people that purchased our bulls. It was a great day building new relationships with both the younger and older members of each family. Thank you for supporting our program and having confidence in our cattle.