Friday, September 24, 2010

Our Australian Simmental Adventure

It's Crystal posting. It's been an exciting week for our family. Myself, mom and dad are traveling through Australia for the Simmental World Congress in Melbourne. My sister, Stacy, is manning things are home, working on the fall show strong, getting sale cattle ready, and attending a show. We are lucky to have her help.


Although, my mom has been to Australia before, this is the first time for my dad and I, and we are all extremely excited. So far I have been able to take in Sydney, Camberra - Australia's capital city and the hub for Australian agricultural organizations, the World Congress Show in Melbourne, the Great Ocean Road, an auction mart, and a Simmental Stud. Through my blog http://www.cdycattle.blogspot.com/ I have provided some updates on my month long journey.

It has been great to see some tradition Fleckvieh and Fullblood Simmental cattle, as well as interesting to see the impact the Black Simmentals are making on the Australian cattle market. Black Simmentals are not the norm in Australia, but they are a big reason why my family has an interest in this event as we have sold Black Simmental embryos into Australia out of these three donor females - click here, here, and here to see their pedigrees and photos.

We always enjoy the opportunity to learn more about agriculture and the cattle industry, and meet people from around the world. And be sure to check out my blog to see some photos and learn a little more about our adventure.

No comments: