Thursday, March 8, 2012

International Women's Day

It's seems like the media can come up with a day to celebrate for most everything.  But once in a while they declare one that is really important.  Now I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a day to recognize and celebrate the men in our lives but I do embrace the celebration of Women around the world.

When I think of today and the important women that have been in my life and that currently are, I  think of strong, independent, high energy, creative, hard working, multi-tasking, fun loving, caring individuals.  I am so happy that I get to live in a country where women are able to be all of these things and more.

We may not have accomplished all of the things that we have set out to do.  But I think that we all  make a difference each and every day in our homes, our communities and the lives of our family and friends.  We all have a different way of doing it but it makes a great impact on everyone around us.  Take a moment to celebrate yourself and the women in your life today.  Cheers!

No comments: